Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Chat Issues. on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:30 am

невидимый

avatar
Some kind of debate wouldn't be too bad. We'd be able to present arguments for and against whatever you want and then someone can record the proceedings. Maybe then we can find a compromise. Or not.

27 Re: Chat Issues. on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:18 am

NickVo

avatar
General Meeting!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

28 Re: Chat Issues. on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:05 am

Green

avatar
No, an everyone meeting, or rank meeting+global regulars.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just say neigh to gambling!

29 Re: Chat Issues. on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:19 am

Vanilla990

avatar
Green, please be aware that you are still not on good terms with some members of Global Chat and it is not your responsibility to decide who should be allowed to attend a meeting. If you wish to give feedback regarding something then contact a general or such who can pass the message on for the meeting or post in the relevant thread if there is one.

On another note, If it's time there was another Generals meeting or such then I suppose we should consider with all the decisions and such that have been going on recently. Just try to make it a time when most people can attend again like last time.

30 Re: Chat Issues. on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:07 am

NickVo

avatar
How about after the 100M party? Speechless that way, more high ranked members will attend the event and then we'll all be on? Laughing



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

31 Re: Chat Issues. on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 am

Phenix

avatar
Agreed with you Nick



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

32 Re: Chat Issues. on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Shad

avatar
You're making me do this.

The Vent Joke Dictionary
A guide for the annoying

Rhombus:
Someone called out "It's time to rhombus!" and shortly after "You just got rhombused" in my maths class last year. I came on Vent that afternoon and proceeded to use 'rhombus' as a verb.

Strength hits more:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shad or war is ownear:
I don't have a screenshot but some guy came into the chat while me and War were the only generals on. A few hours later he concluded that "Shad or war is ownear".

Chiseled black abs:
98 changed his character to a black guy with a bright blue mullet and a bare chest and destroyed the old forums for a night by changing half of the pictures and emoticons to screenshots of his chiseled black abs sometime last year.

Buck:
Invis was in Nardah and some guy ran up to him and said "Buck nice cape" so it's acceptable to begin a sentence with "buck" on occasion.

Zheph moment:
Zheph went several school days with about two hours of sleep per day until one day he got home and started watching his brother play Street Fighter. He zoned out and awoke later on his bed in his school uniform. His brother is incapable of carrying him.
A moment of disorientation or confusion due to lack of sleep is described as "having a Zheph moment".

The Lunch:
Putting "the" before things in a so-called "grammatically incorrect" way was another Vent joke that achieved widespread popularity in the form of "The Lunch", which was us making fun of the fact that the English members of the chat seemed to value the time of the day where they have their "The Lunch" unusually highly.

Facelookingright:
>.>

Owenilla:
Making fun of the admins who are the best The Admins ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. CP.

Fire, death and brimstone:
I started saying that "Real men don't (insert action) with (normal item you do that action with), they do it with fire...And death...and...BRIMSTONE."

Manline:
My RSOF avatar had an unexplainable line just above the bridge of the nose. When asked what it was I said it was my manline.
War and me also made accounts called The Manline and Manlierline and ran around on them for a while.

Behind the school/100%/Opera House/Guitar made of his dad/Mayor of the world:
Tppskid's voice is annoying.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

33 Re: Chat Issues. on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:40 pm

Capacitor

avatar
That's not all of them but...heh, hi.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

34 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:21 am

Green

avatar
Well I think that sums up that none of these should be offensive in any way. Thanks for ruining inside jokes though.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just say neigh to gambling!

35 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 am

Bray

avatar
I've read majority of posts on here and I have to say this to Psp, NO ONE ever needs to 'FIT' in, its the fact people need to accept whom everyone is, what they do etc.

Don't like it, ignore them or fuck off to be honest.
excuse my swearing but lately I couldn't care less.

I've been in global for a decent amount of time, introduced by Bob as most of you should remember him ^.^

Anyways I remember global chat having a nice warm, cozy atmosphere, but in recent years its been well, like an icecave were everyone fights over crap.

Theres been abuse in the chat along with bullying and the rest of it.

Whether its calmed down completely now or not abuse, bullying etc. should always be taken seriously and not just 'oh but it was funny, who cares I dont like that person anyways.'

For ranks - you've got a job, you have to accept whether you like or dont like someone and deal with the situation either way.

to non-ranks/ranks cant really deal with those situations - If no ones doing anything about it, grab a higher ranks attention or something or at least post it onto the forums so the matter can be looked into (preferbly with a few screenies as evidence).

Also another thing is, its not just the advertising and atmosphere, its also peoples attitude towards others, the game, the chat, and all the rest of it.

yes yes I tend to swear a lot and get hot headed, but its something that I try to keep under control.

I have a suggestion as well, we all know how some people are -looks at self- and tends to blurt out random crap about their lives, if its something you personally think someone should seek a professional to talk to, PM them or notify them within the chat if you're unable to PM or something like that.

they may not like it but it does wind up helping at times and it goes to show you care (to an extent anyways even if it annoys you, suggest it and see what happens, still bugs you ignore the person).

I understand there is always going to be silly arguments and debates and all that crap and we try to limit that by enforcing rules about not talking about particular topics which is fine.
but gaining both views of each side is fairly important when attempting to solve a situation or wanting it to end.

Don't go support another player and ganging up on others (its been done too many times in the past even by generals).

I as well as many other people have been ganged up and well I've pretty gotten over it, but I still don't appreciate if it happens to others within the chat.

I think thats enough for now, sorry if im not uptodate with what the chat is like but I feel some kind of input was needed on pretty much what I've said despite not remembering half the crap I just wrote.

But anyways I hope the advertising thing goes well, I suppose maybe suggesting to jagex a video by them or a few videos advertising some of the major chats and clans in runescape could be the way to go?

But anyways, I hope things are better in GC compared to recent years

Oh I dont think I said anything about vent.

I believe what is said on vent stays in vent and not within GC nor is spread to others. If its insulting/offensive to others and if serious enough if could place you in court which is no fun at all.

so attempt to kept crap done and said on vent, on vent and vice versa really.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

36 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 am

Hans

avatar
I don't understand what you said to me.
If people don't fit in and don't feel welcome then they should leave, not make existing members adjust themselves.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.youtube.com/Runelair

37 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:30 am

Hans

avatar
On the advertising side of things..
Not sure how many people read about Clanentine's Week, but I sent in a Lonely Hearts ad for Global a week ago and it got posted on the thread.
Today, Mod Kathy sent automated messages to everyone who made one, asking for feedback. One of the questions was 'How do you think we can help clans recruit new members?' and I suggested a youtube video on Runescape's channel or perhaps even a clan advertisement competition. Mod Kathy replied to me saying my ideas will be discussed.

Being endorsed by Jagex again would be great.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.youtube.com/Runelair

38 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 am

Owen

avatar
Psp Trusz wrote:On the advertising side of things..
Not sure how many people read about Clanentine's Week, but I sent in a Lonely Hearts ad for Global a week ago and it got posted on the thread.
Today, Mod Kathy sent automated messages to everyone who made one, asking for feedback. One of the questions was 'How do you think we can help clans recruit new members?' and I suggested a youtube video on Runescape's channel or perhaps even a clan advertisement competition. Mod Kathy replied to me saying my ideas will be discussed.

Being endorsed by Jagex again would be great.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Psp Trusz wrote:If people don't fit in and don't feel welcome then they should leave, not make existing members adjust themselves.

There's a general atmosphere in the chat, like.. "We don't want you" all you have to do is look at when a Pure or a Skiller comes in the chat. (Probably the reason why we don't have any) They get flamed, hated on, made to feel unwelcome. Whatever you want to call it. Not only that, if someone is slightly annoying, everyone seems to either just ignore them, or try to flame them. (I'm not saying i'm perfect) That then causes.. them to step up the anti, whatever, start flaming, spamming and/or causing arguments. Maybe i'm the only person to notice this, once again.

Bray wrote:Also another thing is, its not just the advertising and atmosphere, its also peoples attitude towards others, the game, the chat, and all the rest of it.

+1.

Ehh, that'll do for now, i'm sure i'm forgetting something. Speechless



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

39 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 am

Warillusen

avatar
Bray wrote:I've read majority of posts on here and I have to say this to Psp, NO ONE ever needs to 'FIT' in, its the fact people need to accept whom everyone is, what they do etc.

Global has always been about this 'inner circle'
example on this random thread someone made some time ago: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bray wrote:For ranks - you've got a job, you have to accept whether you like or dont like someone and deal with the situation either way.

This coming from you. Really? Most of our ranks do their job, they know when a troll is a troll. For me If I don't like someone I try to not look at the chat and abuse them, unless they just decide to get my direct attention and want to get kicked. Then well.. What happens to that person it's their own fault.

Bray wrote:I understand there is always going to be silly arguments and debates and all that crap and we try to limit that by enforcing rules about not talking about particular topics which is fine.
but gaining both views of each side is fairly important when attempting to solve a situation or wanting it to end.
An Argument is what we don't look for, an argument is when they stop using logic and just start swearing and insulting the other.
A debate I support, as long as it isn't of the following: Religion, Political views or Nations.







[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

40 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:02 am

Bray

avatar
Wari, we don't really have an 'inner circle' from what I've seen lately. Pretty much everyone gets accepted, but as I said, no one needs to 'fit' in.

'Fitting' in is changing someone.

I did my job, probably never as good as most ranks but I did better than some of them.
Eve then I can only voice the past few months I didn't take off, and I still don't see all ranks doing their job.

Don't believe me if you wish, its either that or other ranks put in more effort and deserve a higher rank, which either way I dont see happening.

Uh arguments aren't always someone swearing and insulting others, Wari.
and how can you claim for them to stop using logic? Not all logic is the same as neither is everyone.

and if you're going to constantly refer to me on how I did as a rank, I was constantly up late due to sleepingproblems - Got rid of a fuck load of spammers, trolls, those who disrupted the chat too much, those who went too far with jokes etc.

Shame no other rank really got to see all of it, even then I still remember kicking properly with ranks around. I had my few miss-kicks, not so fair kicks and all that, but every rank has had them :/

and attempting to quote something someone typed, doesn't generally mean Global chat has and inner circle, but even then if we did, you don't generally see it anymore.

I just see Global Chat having its 'groups' within it.

I'll continue later I need t get ready for school. But as I said, global chat has its groups as I've seen and thats really it.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

41 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Hans

avatar
Fitting in isn't changing. If you don't fit in with the people around you from the start then why stick around. People need to find a clan with similar people to get along with. If everyone pretended to be nice to everyone else, then it's not even worth it. Why bother if you can't be yourself? Everyone is welcome in Global but if they don't like the majority of members, that's their problem and they can leave, lots of other people stay because they like the members of the chat. It is impossible to please everyone, and lots of people do join and stay in the chat.

I'm sure if you were a hot, young, blonde female, you wouldn't join a cc full of fat ogres. This isn't Shrek. The ogres shouldn't have to change themselves to make the female feel welcome. Maybe she likes being around fat, sweaty, smelly guys, and that's fine, but if she doesn't, then she doesn't have to stay.

The only sign of 'groups' in Global I see is the people who want to change everyone, and those you don't. There's nothing wrong with the people in the cc.

This goes for everything, not just runescape, but if you have a problem with someone, then it's your problem, not theirs, don't try to fix them.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.youtube.com/Runelair

42 Re: Chat Issues. on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:57 pm

The Frog

avatar
ive never had a problem with the chat



A free present from Vanilla990 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

43 Re: Chat Issues. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:12 am

Est

avatar
The Frog wrote:ive never had a problem with the chat



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

44 Re: Chat Issues. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:32 am

Owen

avatar
Psp Trusz wrote:If you don't fit in with the people around you from the start then why stick around. People need to find a clan with similar people to get along with.

At least we could make them feel welcome, which we aren't doing at the moment.

If you need proof, all you have to do is look at how many people we had after Global was featured on the rs mainpage, and then look now.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

45 Re: Chat Issues. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:55 am

Bray

avatar
Fitting in is somewhat changing, as I said accepting people is the best way at first. No ones perfect at first and I know there is a lot of people whom don't talk in the chat that I barely see and if they do its generally because they require help or offering help.

As Owen said we could at least make them feel welcome at first.
There is no harm in that.

fitting in is generally adjusting, adjusting is changing.
Slight adjusts would be fine, but I still think we should just accept everyone, don't like them look at your ignore list and start adding people you don't like.

maybe everyone needs to change their attitude towards the way the chat is going.
Indeed we have quality members, but why does everyone need to be a quality member?

Also Psp, some people are willing to ignore others or put up with it due to liking a certain portion of people within the chat at particular times, events or whatever.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

46 Re: Chat Issues. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 am

Hans

avatar
I didn't say they should try to fit in, trying to fit in is changing.
If someone doesn't fit in from the start, why would they want to stick around? Existing members could pretend to be someone they aren't so the newcomers stay, but then what happens when the existing members be themselves again?
People who are similar to existing members are the ones who are going to stay, because they fit in, not the ones who have to change.

I don't know what you're saying for most of your posts, some of it looks like you're going against yourself, and I really don't understand what you said in the last paragraph.

The only thing wrong with the chat is the people who think there is something wrong with the chat.

It's as bad as merchers who complain about prices; The only reason prices go up is because people think the prices will go up. If everyone kept their sales balanced, prices would stay balanced. It's a metaphor.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.youtube.com/Runelair

47 Re: Chat Issues. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:50 am

Hans

avatar
Owen I understand your concerns for the chat but bringing up a topic like the atmosphere not being welcoming enough because of certain players wasn't a good idea. Surely it's not the whole chat that makes it like this, otherwise the chat wouldn't have anyone else. You must have people in mind and should talk to those people privately. I think you're too close to the problem to make a clear judgment, because in my opinion, there is no problem. I've been a part of a lot of cc's and you wouldn't believe the amount of drama I've seen.. way too much for an online game tbh (mostly from Aus cc's). Global is one of the best maintained chats I've seen and trying to pick out little problems causes the problems to become bigger. If you see a specific problem with someone, take a screenie and point it out to them, and let them know it could've been handled better. But honestly I don't think things like vent jokes influence people's decisions on staying, and I can't see the chat dying anytime soon, unless people keep picking at it.
This is just advice from someone who has seen a lot, feel free to ignore it completely.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.youtube.com/Runelair

48 Re: Chat Issues. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 am

Warillusen

avatar
Don't mind Braydo, he can contradict himself in the same sentence 10 times.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

49 Re: Chat Issues. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Dialga

avatar
Warillusen wrote:Don't mind Braydo, he can contradict himself in the same sentence 10 times.



They hate us cuz they ain't us

Add me on Steam if you wanna keep up with me.

50 Re: Chat Issues. on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Tppskid

avatar
Warillusen wrote:Don't mind Braydo, he can contradict himself in the same sentence 10 times.


Whats the point?
Seriously.

he is raising very valid points, maybe you should listen to him for once.
because i know I've copped enough from you.


Why are people like Van, Psp, Dallas, Sky, etc... Not a very high rank?
I believe they should be the high ranked ones as they are the most responsible.
=/



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.rsglobalchat.forumotion.net

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum