Global Chat Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Death of runescape discussion on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 pm

Ganon Sheik

avatar
Read this thread. Quick find code: 14-15-190-63089129

Discuss what you think about it here. its about Jagex.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:24 am

Est

avatar
rs died when i quit.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:58 am

Warillusen

avatar
That's how I see it.

When I quit for sure. RS will have died.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:54 am

Dinneh

avatar
As soon as I see wari post on here that he quit, I'll know rs is done for good.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:38 am

Cyrus44

avatar
weak



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:33 pm

NickVo

avatar
Who will be the future?!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.youtube.com/user/novavo

7 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Warillusen

avatar
Durza.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Ganon Sheik

avatar
Global chat will live.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Shad

avatar
Novavo wrote:Who will be the future?!

Zacman will carry this team.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Warillusen

avatar
He's banned from Global.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 am

Owen

avatar
The way I see it.. these are the problems with RuneScape in my eyes;

1. Not doing the updates that people expect, and instead ignoring the community and releasing content (if you can call it that) that nobody wants nor cares for. At the end of the day, the way Jagex will get people to play Runescape, is to have desirable items/content/quests (Whatever) that people are willing to work towards.
- Lack of variety
- Too much work to get said item (for the reward i.e. 2.5% boost in a skill)
ect..

2. Bots. Jagex are being so "Secretive" with how they're "dealing" with bots, it looks as to the community they're doing nothing. Which they may or may not be doing, either way, the only way they will deal with the problem is to work with the community and put time and effort in which they aren't doing. (Everyone knows the problems with bots I cba going into this anymore >_>)

3. The largest share-holder in RuneScape is an investment company. These are the people who are looking to gain our money, for profit.. and because of this, don't really care at all about the legitimate players. Also, I wouldn't be at all suprised if Jagex owned the largest gold-selling website out there.

Until they have those 3 things sorted out, they really don't have a decent game.

Let's just hope that when they lose the title "Worlds most popular Free MMO" they actually react.

Or Blizzard buys Jagex, Either way.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:40 am

Vanilla990

avatar
If Blizzard bought JAGEX, say goodbye to JAGEX. Blizzard games are crappy.

And if you must know, all three of the big shareholders in JAGEX are investors...

as of 2010, the shares looked like this:

  • Insight Venture Partners - 55.45%
  • Spectrum Equity Investors - 17.84%
  • The Raine Group - 14.75%
  • Constant Tedder (Original CEO) - 5.83%
  • Paul Gower - 5.83%
  • Ian - 0.29%


Bare in mind, this was the same year that Andrew sold all of his remaining shares in order to invest in his new project "Fen Research" which currently has shares like this:

  • Paul Gower - 90%
  • JAGEX - 10%


I know JAGEX has been going downhill lately, and yeah, you could say its the investors groups fault but some of these investors have been with JAGEX since 2006, before free trade vanished and the wilderness and lots of people quit. Between 2006 and 2009, Insight Venture Partners owned around 35% of shares in JAGEX Ltd, while Andew owned 38%, Paul 13% and Constant Tedder 13%.

Andrew pulling out doesn't mean hes leaving JAGEX to rot. He pulled out because he knows JAGEX has the funds to continue going and would rather invest his value into something else which could potentially have a great affect on JAGEX and their products in the future.

Not to mention that some of these Investors also invest in some other massive companies around the world. Yeah, they are going to want to make a profit from it when they sell but I can't see Insight Venture Partners selling there shares for a long time. They already have lots and lots of money from the other big names they invest in, they are investing into JAGEX because they know something good will come out over the next 5 or so years and they want to help make it the best they can.

btw, all the values I got are from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and seeing as Zheph is a member of staff sort of on there, I trust the source of information fairly well.


Edit: A lot of the threads on the runescape forums are taking the information from this thread, but what they aren't including is all the detail that explains things. They are just going "Yo, Yunoloverunescapenomore? Stop selling shares to investors, they greedy peoples just like all those bots >=("

Edit 2: Just for your benefit Owen, I would much prefer to have the staff at JAGEX over the staff at Blizzard, Blizzard sucks arse more than JAGEX for player support and community management. They can't even sort out all of the spam and phishing emails about selling your account. Blizzard have absolutely no control over the community that plays their games and will most likely never have. All they care about is charging the most they can get away with per month for games that are stupid colours just in order to keep up with the xbox and PS3 which are on a complete different level to them.

13 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:09 am

Owen

avatar
Not quite sure what everyone has against blizzard, especially since they have..

- The most popular MMO of all time
- The best Servers in the world
- UNHACKABLE accounts
- A lack of botters in WoW.
- A Great customer support FREE phone line. (Had to call it the other day, took 5 mins)
- A wider range of games than Jagex

Ect. and.. Ect.

Sorry, I see no negatives. >_>



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:35 am

Est

avatar
I see one.
blizzard is horse shit.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 am

Warillusen

avatar
WoW was hacked a month ago. Everybody got free ingame gold cash for it.

Just because something is most popular doesn't mean it's good. It's the same with music.

The best servers in the world, that's debatable.

A lack of botters in WoW is because how the game is made. Java is easy to script for.

You also aren't allowed to add Etc just because you run out of things to dotpoint.

The major population of Runescape is fucking stupid, their concerns lies with something I don't want, Jagex should decide what updates they do and not solely base it on what people want because I hate people and those people on Runescape are retarded so I hate them even more.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:32 am

Vanilla990

avatar
I agree War, It's up to JAGEX to decide on what content to release at the end of the day.

They have a huge list of things that need to be finish/completed/updated. They have to progress they game gradually these days. They couldn't for example release week after week after week of combat related content and leave skilling out. Same with graphics, they couldn't update one area due to a grandmaster quest and keep updating that area over time while some areas are in desperate need.

Yes, JAGEX know that some of the updates they have released recently haven't been popular with some people, but as they have said a large number of times, the runescape forums community makes up for about 10% of the overall number of players. If not enough people log into the forums and give constructive criticism they won't do anything because they don't know if that's how everyone feels.

The majority of runescape updates have been planned for the following 6 months. They know they need to do graphical updates to everywhere, they know they need to finish certain quest storylines, they know they need to update certain minigames/activities and areas. You think, it takes about 6 months to write and develop a single part of the elemental workshop series, that's a lot of time for one of those mediocre quests. Think about whole new areas, major quests, brand new storylines, brand new activities, skills etc etc, a lot of this stuff will take well over 8 months to build and develop.

If something really really decent appeared in the suggestions forums that they wanted to release, it probably wouldn't appear in game until at least next April or after as members of staff have other projects to work on and to get the necessary planning done for the new thing before they can even start on it.

Big woop, WoW has a freephone line to contact them, and which position in queue were you the other day? Sorry, was that over 100? The reason JAGEX doesn't have a phone line is because they don't feel the need to get members of staff to man several phones everyday all day to deal with problems that can be done by sumbiting bug reports and contact various emails.

Also, I take it you haven't logged into Blizzard.net for a while. It took me over 1 hour of going through various bits and having to log in several times to try find a "Delete/Remove Account" option. WoW are that desperate to get people to stay they don't even have an option for this. I had to email there support team, and it took 3 attempts at emailing them before I even got a reply, and even then they didn't delete my account. Instead they decided to ask why I wanted to delete my account and why I wasn't interested in the products and services they had to offer. After telling them that I wanted my account deleted, quoting some of the Computer Misuse Act law about keeping peoples details after they have requested them to be removed and telling them Runescape was better at customer support they finally deleted my account.

17 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:33 am

Owen

avatar
Warillusen wrote:WoW was hacked a month ago. Everybody got free ingame gold cash for it.

Just because something is most popular doesn't mean it's good. It's the same with music.

The best servers in the world, that's debatable.

A lack of botters in WoW is because how the game is made. Java is easy to script for.

You also aren't allowed to add Etc just because you run out of things to dotpoint.

The major population of Runescape is fucking stupid, their concerns lies with something I don't want, Jagex should decide what updates they do and not solely base it on what people want because I hate people and those people on Runescape are retarded so I hate them even more.


Where did it say WoW got hacked?
I know for a fact "Everybody" didn't get ingame gold >_>

I know it doesn't mean it's good, but it means they're intouch with the community, which is where Jagex fail, big time in my opinion.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:44 am

Warillusen

avatar
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:50 am

Vanilla990

avatar
Owen wrote:

Where did it say WoW got hacked?
I know for a fact "Everybody" didn't get ingame gold >_>

I know it doesn't mean it's good, but it means they're intouch with the community, which is where Jagex fail, big time in my opinion.


I'm sorry, because people like Mod Poppy, Mod Crow, Mod French, Mod Emilee replying to peoples thread sometimes even seconds after they are posted giving the best answers they can to peoples problems is not enough. Ohhh come off it Owen, just because they don't reply to everyone's thread instantly doesn't mean they aren't in touch with the community. Just because they don't attend everyone's 99 parties and every clan/fansite event doesn't mean they aren't involved with the community. I personally think that the names mentioned above do a great job at trying to help people on the Runescape forums and joke around with people and try and get to know other people and have fun.

Those who complained about being hacked got in game gold/items to shut them up. They gave people that stuff because they didn't want people to cause a big fuss and ruin their reputation so they did it to cover their backs.

Yeah, big deal, Runescape don't do that. Well, if people had read the terms and conditions before signing up they would also know that you don't get any items back if you are hacked or there is a problem with the game where you lose the items. It's peoples fault for expecting them to give them free stuff because something happened, why should they waste time having to give everyone free gold and items when they are supposed to be working on the decent content updates that everyone is expecting them to release.

The Runescape community is growing more and more arrogant by the day. If people on the forums grew up and stopped being 7 year olds that shouldn't even be allowed to play the game as it has a 13 age requirement to use it fully, the forums would be much better and maybe JAGEX would take a bit more notice of some of the things people say on there. I preferred it when there was a 12mil total exp requirement to use the forums or membership. I worked hard to get that exp so I could voice my opinion. Now it does no use when there are all these low levels going "update f2p!, yunocareaboutus?" and spamming everywhere, JAGEX assumes that about 50% of the forums community is trolls and idiots that are just posting stuff to be annoying and pick holes in every single update they release. Why should they care for anything anyone posts when there are trolls left, right and centre on the forums?

20 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Owen

avatar
(Quote in spoiler to make it smaller) >_>
Spoiler:

Mr V wrote:
Owen wrote:

Where did it say WoW got hacked?
I know for a fact "Everybody" didn't get ingame gold >_>

I know it doesn't mean it's good, but it means they're intouch with the community, which is where Jagex fail, big time in my opinion.


I'm sorry, because people like Mod Poppy, Mod Crow, Mod French, Mod Emilee replying to peoples thread sometimes even seconds after they are posted giving the best answers they can to peoples problems is not enough. Ohhh come off it Owen, just because they don't reply to everyone's thread instantly doesn't mean they aren't in touch with the community. Just because they don't attend everyone's 99 parties and every clan/fansite event doesn't mean they aren't involved with the community. I personally think that the names mentioned above do a great job at trying to help people on the Runescape forums and joke around with people and try and get to know other people and have fun.

Those who complained about being hacked got in game gold/items to shut them up. They gave people that stuff because they didn't want people to cause a big fuss and ruin their reputation so they did it to cover their backs.

Yeah, big deal, Runescape don't do that. Well, if people had read the terms and conditions before signing up they would also know that you don't get any items back if you are hacked or there is a problem with the game where you lose the items. It's peoples fault for expecting them to give them free stuff because something happened, why should they waste time having to give everyone free gold and items when they are supposed to be working on the decent content updates that everyone is expecting them to release.

The Runescape community is growing more and more arrogant by the day. If people on the forums grew up and stopped being 7 year olds that shouldn't even be allowed to play the game as it has a 13 age requirement to use it fully, the forums would be much better and maybe JAGEX would take a bit more notice of some of the things people say on there. I preferred it when there was a 12mil total exp requirement to use the forums or membership. I worked hard to get that exp so I could voice my opinion. Now it does no use when there are all these low levels going "update f2p!, yunocareaboutus?" and spamming everywhere, JAGEX assumes that about 50% of the forums community is trolls and idiots that are just posting stuff to be annoying and pick holes in every single update they release. Why should they care for anything anyone posts when there are trolls left, right and centre on the forums?

I agree, there's far too many trolls/little kids or whatever on the RSOF, but if Jagex wanted to get rid of them.. they could easily, like you said about the 12M xp to access the forums. They should realise that they're spending their time sorting out the trolls on the forums, rather than actually replying to the valid points and issues raised by people on the forums. Along side this, Jagex employees are probably highly restricted as to what they can actually post on the forums, which is just stupid.

With the Website @waril, WoW accounts are unhackable, IF the people set them up correctly. Basically, the system they have is much much more sophisticated than RuneScapes.

I agree the RuneScape community in general is getting more and more arrogant, but wait-what could have caused this?
- The lack of Jagex listening to the community?
- Bots running free?
People don't just become arrogant overnight. >_>



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

21 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Warillusen

avatar
Owen wrote:
I agree the RuneScape community in general is getting more and more arrogant, but wait-what could have caused this?
- The lack of Jagex listening to the community?
- Bots running free?
People don't just become arrogant overnight. >_>

Are you kidding me. It's just the internet nowadays, you probably don't use most of the internet but in every single community you'll find that the population of arrogance, trolls or kids to run around. Bots are a given in any MMO but the numbers are pretty high I agree, not exactly sure why Jagex can't just eliminate Wilderness and Free Trade again. I liked those peaceful days. People become arrogant easily, just look at people in Global Chat. Remember when we cared about other people and not our own purpose? Yeah check it. Mainsk8er came back and accused most people and even you Owen of being arrogant she disliked most of it so she decided it'd be better to just not be in the friend/clan chat.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:53 pm

невидимый

avatar
It's the "damn kids get off my lawn" syndrome affecting us finally, except at this point in time it seems a reasonable view.

23 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 am

Owen

avatar
Warillusen wrote:
Owen wrote:
I agree the RuneScape community in general is getting more and more arrogant, but wait-what could have caused this?
- The lack of Jagex listening to the community?
- Bots running free?
People don't just become arrogant overnight. >_>

Are you kidding me. It's just the internet nowadays, you probably don't use most of the internet but in every single community you'll find that the population of arrogance, trolls or kids to run around. Bots are a given in any MMO but the numbers are pretty high I agree, not exactly sure why Jagex can't just eliminate Wilderness and Free Trade again. I liked those peaceful days. People become arrogant easily, just look at people in Global Chat. Remember when we cared about other people and not our own purpose? Yeah check it. Mainsk8er came back and accused most people and even you Owen of being arrogant she disliked most of it so she decided it'd be better to just not be in the friend/clan chat.

The game used to be fun, when people are having fun, they're not being such douches*.

That's my opinion anyway.

*Usually just to entertain themselves



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:00 am

Warillusen

avatar
The game was fun when we were all younger.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

25 Re: Death of runescape discussion on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:34 am

Owen

avatar
Warillusen wrote:The game was fun when we were all younger.

I disagree. (if you're meaning age is a factor)

I remember waiting for the next BTS to come out and being like.. ofmg omfgomfgofmgofmgfmgofmgo what's going to be in it.. because back then updates were actually worth reading. Not a single one of the updates has made me think "Oh, that sounds awesome!" in the past like.. 6 months? I don't even read the updates page anymore. >_>

Along with that, if you think back to the good ol' days, when you said to yourself "I'ma go have some fun" where would you typically go? Castle Wars? Oh wait, that's nerfed. KQ? oh.. wait.. that only drops 4m.. (Used to be a lot back in the day). Rev hunting? Oh, no they're full of pkers now. W2 Fally sq trading! oh.. yeah.. nobody goes there anymore.. Ok ok ok, let's goto w2 ge and merch there! oh.. wait.. that's full of dicers/advertising bots/scammers.. -Thinks harder- How about.. I know! let's make an RSMV!@! oh.. yeah.. nobody watches those anymore..

Probably more, but I think you get my point >_>
Jagex's motto: "If it isn't broken, let's "Fix" it."



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum